The OHIO 2020 Economic Recovery Task Force
Dear Valued Member of the Middleburg Heights Business Community:
The Ohio House of Representatives has recently formed the OHIO 2020 Economic Recovery Task Force to address the impact of COVID-19 on our business communities. One of the most important functions of this task force will be to gather testimony from small businesses, which are the backbone of our economy. This is an excellent opportunity for businesses to share their stories. Their perspective will help lay the groundwork for Ohio’s economic recovery from this pandemic. Businesses that would like to share their stories with the Task Force should email the following to Ohio2020@ohiohouse.gov and – if the business is from the 14th District – to my office (Rep14@ohiohouse.gov):
- Name and location of the business
- Number of employees
- Years in business
- Contact information for business owners (email, phone number)
- Brief description of nature of the business
Businesses may submit written feedback or testify virtually to the task force. Those that want to share their experiences should prepare brief remarks that focus on the following points:
- If/how they are able to operate during the coronavirus?
- What kind of financial strains have been brought on by this? If they have been in business for many years, how has this been compared to other financial downturns?
- What kinds of obstacles do they see ahead of them once they are able to fully open up again?
- Any governmental roadblocks ahead that the legislature should be aware of?
- Any ideas that they might have on protocols they believe would be helpful to return to work while maintaining a level of safety to provide confidence to their customers?
All the best,
Bride Rose Sweeney
14th Ohio House District
77 S. High Street, Floor 10
Columbus, OH 43215
Office: (614) 466-3350