Place Category: Education
Inspiring our students to achieve career success.
At Polaris Career Center, we inspire middle and high school students and adult learners to achieve career success. By providing key training and credentials to those who wish to pursue opportunity, we help to strengthen our local economy.
- Polaris opened in 1975
- Building Size – 225,000 square feet
- Acreage – 47 acres
- Polaris high school programs serve 11th and 12th graders from Berea-Midpark, Brooklyn, Fairview, North Olmsted, Olmsted Falls and Strongsville High Schools. Polaris satellite programs include students in grades 7 through 12 in all six associate high schools plus Brooklyn, Lewis F. Mayer, Strongsville and Olmsted Falls Middle Schools and Middleburg Heights Junior High. Polaris Adult Education students come from all over Greater Cleveland.
High School and Satellite Programs Grades 7-12
- 2017-2018 high school enrollment (Middleburg Heights campus) – 905
- Number of career-technical programs – 18
- Number of programs that currently provide students access to college credit – 18
- Post-secondary education participation – 69.6%
- 2017-2018 satellite (high school/middle school) program enrollment – over 3,100
- Select higher education partners – Cuyahoga Community College, Hocking College, Johnson & Wales University, Kent State University, Lorain County Community College, University of Cincinnati
- Number of adults served on average – over 6,000 students
- 12 Adult Job & Career Training Programs
- Adult Education registration is available 24-7 via www.polaris.edu
- Did you know? Polaris provides hundreds of open-enrollment courses and offers customized training services for businesses.